“From Stanford University to Stay-at-Home Mom”…yes, that’s me!
- I am a wife of one and a mother of two.
- I believe that chasing around my toddler and carrying my infant constitute exercise.
- The term “stay at home mom” makes me smile because I am pretty sure that in a typical day, I’m out of the house a lot longer than I’m at home.
- A trip is not a vacation unless it entails palm trees, white sand, and warm water.
- Taking my children to one activity each day is just as much for my sanity as it is for their enrichment.
- When I am choosing an activity or program, I have specific outcomes that I want my children to get out of it. (Some would call me anal…and that would be true!)
My background also includes:
Proud Stanford University Alum, BA Human Biology, MA Sociology
Family Business Co-owner, Beyond Excellence, a corporate wellness company
Former Appointee, Executive Office of Mayor Anthony A. Williams
Regional Board Member, Operation HOPE, premier financial literacy organization
Member, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, a public service sorority
I started this blog to share our experiences exploring the Washington DC Metropolitan Area (and Beyond) while giving “real reviews” from a mom you can trust.